The Center for Health Information and Analysis (CHIA) would like to update you regarding the 2018 Nursing Facility Cost Reports. We are pleased to announce the availability of the new electronic Management Company cost report, the MGT-CR. As a reminder, all 2018 Nursing Facility cost reports are now due on August 15, 2019.
This new cost report is the first product in our ongoing development project to modernize our current cost report intake, storage, and reporting system for long term care facilities. Our goal, upon completion of this project, is to create a more efficient and streamlined cost report submission process and data storage solution for all long term care facilities and their realty and management companies. Tangible benefits you will experience upon our completion of this project include:
- A cost report reporting tool that is easy to use;
- Reduced duplicative reporting within and between cost reports;
- Quality and validation checks that allow you to ensure accurate and balanced submissions within and between cost reports;
- Ability to electronically attest to the accuracy of your cost report submissions;
- Ability to correct or resubmit cost reports electronically; and
- Increased ability to access NF cost report data to further enhance transparency.
Here are some details on the new MGT-CR:
- The Management Company Cost Report (MGT-CR), previously called HCF-3, had been deployed on CHIA Submissions. The MGT-CR has been reformatted for your 2018 filing. You can log in to CHIA Submissions at
- CHIA will host a webinar to review the new MGT-CR on July 10, 2019 at 11am. You can register for the webinar here.
- In order to submit the new MGT-CR, you must complete CHIA submission and ownership forms for each 2018 management company. Each entity must also file a Non-Confidential Data Security Agreement. If you have not submitted the ownership forms, please do so as soon as possible. You will not have access to the MGT-CR in CHIA-Submissions until these forms are received. These forms are available here:
- Some account numbers used in the new MGT-CR have changed from previous years' HCF-3. Please refer to the account crosswalk here.
- Print functionality is currently disabled and will be available shortly in a maintenance update.
For now, you will continue to file all other cost reports in a similar manner as last year. Below, are links to access the submission portals for these reports:
Again, please note that all 2018 Nursing Facility cost reports are now due August 15, 2019.
If you have any questions about Nursing Facility cost reports, please contact CHIA's Cost Report Help Desk by email at CHIAcostreports.LTCF@state.ma.us or by phone at (617) 701-8297.